Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Reasons I Love SF: Uniqueness

When I first started coming to San Francisco regularly as a photography student, I distinctly remember feeling like I was boring. Even the models that were posing for our lighting class were belly dancers that spoke fluent French while traveling in North Africa. After ten years, I'm still in awe albeit over slightly more unique interests than just simple belly dancing and French language skills. It seems that everyone in San Francisco has some unique and/or interesting thing they are working on.

This past Thursday, I went out for dinner and a music show with my neighbor who I really love talking to and spending time with. During the evening, while chowing down on delicious Thai food, we chatted about our favorite Dave Eggers book and his Ted Talk, a recent Fresh Air episode featuring Dustin Hoffman, and the interesting Thai wine that we tried. After that, we headed out to Java Beach to catch Cajun music headed by an Irish American Bay Area native. It was a typical evening in San Francisco but, for a girl who spent several years in Wisconsin talking about beer and football and who tends to talk about work more than she should, it was pretty unique. It reminded me how much I love San Franciscan's desire to learn and share their uniqueness.



No comments:

Post a Comment