Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Reasons I Love SF: Winter

All summer long, I complain about the weather in San Francisco. But in the winter, I smile and brave the rain (which is supposed to come in winter) and simply duck my head when the wind kicks up. Winter in San Francisco is fabulous.

Today, I decided to get myself out of my apartment for a walk in the 48 degree sunshine. In fact, I could have probably gotten away with not wearing my heavy down jacket after I worked up a sweat on the hills of Golden Gate Park. There were couples strolling and walking their dogs, lots of runners running, and even a family barbequing. The ducks were swimming through the ponds and there were bright purple flowers blooming. Of course, San Francisco is not alone in its fantastic winter weather but, it does have the contrast with its gloomy, foggy summers. Which somehow makes winter in the bay area better...


No comments:

Post a Comment